Do not go at it alone: defending against the pandemic
The joint online event of Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, Jelen, and Political Capital
Date: 24 March 2021, 10:00-11:00
Language: Hungarian (with English interpretation)
The coronavirus has been a part of our life for a year, transforming our lives completely.
- What are the key lessons of pandemic management for the EU institutional system?
- Is the joint vaccine purchasing scheme a success or a failure?
- What are the main lessons of the past year for individuals, EU member states, and the EU itself?
- How can an unexpected and global epidemic be handled well?
- How could we react more efficiently to potential future pandemics on the individual and institutional levels?
These are the questions we will discuss with our guests.
10:00-10:05 Welcoming remarks
János Molnár, Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung
10:05-10:15 Defending against the pandemic – an overview
Péter Krekó, Dominik Istrate, Political Capital
10:15-11:00 Defending against the pandemic in practice, in the field
László Balkányi – medical knowledge engineer, former top staffer at the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
Gabriella Lantos – medical manager
Judit Vásárhelyi-Kondor – economist, head of Berlin Office, Spitzberg Partners
Moderator: Dóra Ónody-Molnár – Jelen
Participation in the online event requires registration on this page: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/5216146085529/WN_XPqrz0KSTSqonCxDyq7vhQ